On Monday, November 13th, 2017 Amazon announced they are forking over $250 million for the rights to the new Lord of the Rings TV show. For months, Jeff Bezos has expressed displeasure in the fact that HBO and Netflix are beating Amazon at streaming content and quality of television shows. He is putting his wallet behind his words and is spending a boatload to create the Lord of the Rings TV show for Amazon Prime users. So, when will it come out? What is the actual release date?
This early in the game, it is nearly impossible to predict the premiere date for the Lord of the Rings Amazon TV show. They haven’t even started thinking about production. There is no cast and a producer and showrunner have yet to be named. This means we are looking at early 2019 at the earliest. That would be if everything goes as planned.
The more likely release date for Lord of the Rings on Amazon will be summer 2019. This would make a lot of sense as Game of Thrones will have concluded on HBO and diehard fantasy fans will be dying for a new show. Even though HBO is talking about multiple spinoffs of Game of Thrones, Amazon may time it perfectly by dropping the Lord of the Rings TV show in the summer of 2019.
We also do not know if they will drop an entire series at once, as they currently do, or release an episode a week. Amazon is much like Netflix in that Prime users get to binge watch and entire season in one sitting. Most Amazon Prime shows are released on a Friday giving fans an opportunity to watch an entire season over the weekend. We are not certain how they will treat Lord of the Rings.
Over the next several months we will highlight some of the important news when it comes to the Lord of the Rings Amazon TV show. This includes cast, producers, release date and when we will get the pilot.
Based on the release dates for past years. Here are our predictions for November 2018
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Season 2 – November 8th
- The Stinky and Dirty Show, Season 3 – November 24th
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Season 2 – November 30th
Here are the release dates for the TV shows coming out on Amazon Prime in November 2017
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Season 1 – November 7th
- The Stinky and Dirty Show, Season 2 – November 23rd
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Season 1 – November 29th
This article is supported by Wainright & Wassel in Raleigh, NC.
In October 2016, the Amazon Original TV Show Goliath took the streaming world by storm. In a very competitive space in which Netflix dominates most genres, Amazon stepped forward and released a very popular trial lawyer TV show. Goliath, which was originally titled “Trial”, is the story of a once powerful lawyer, Billy McBride is now a washed up ambulance chaser, who spends more time in bars than the courtroom.
Now that Goliath has been watched by millions, diehard fans are wondering when season 2 will be released. We know that it will not be released in October 2017. It looks like an early 2018 release date is likely. We expect to see it around February or March of 2018 as it is well documented that the filming is ongoing.
It will be fun to see if they go to different locations such as Miami or Houston to tape future seasons. We know that Los Angeles is the capital of personal injury but it would be fun to see a Miami business lawyer, a New York city Ponzi Scheme lawyer or a Houston oil lawyer in an upcoming season.
What types of lawyers would you like to see in future seasons? When do you think season 2 of Goliath will come out? When it is released, are you going to binge watch all 10 episodes?
Based on the release dates for past years. Here are our predictions for October 2018
- Inside Edge, Season 1 – October 10th
- Lore, Season 1 – October 14th
- Sigmund and the Sea Monster, Season 1 – October 14th
- Red Oaks, Season 3 – October 21st
Here are the release dates for the TV shows coming out on Amazon Prime in October 2017
- Inside Edge, Season 1 – October 9th
- Lore, Season 1 – October 13th
- Sigmund and the Sea Monster, Season 1 – October 13th
- Red Oaks, Season 3 – October 20th
This article is supported by Gladwell Orthodontics in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Based on the release dates for past years. Here are our predictions for September 2018:
- One Mississippi, Season 3 – September 9
- Beauty and the Baker, Season 2 – September 16
- Transparent, Season 5 – September 23
- Thursday Night Football – September 29
- Tin Star, Season 2 – September 30
Here are the release dates for the TV shows coming out on Amazon Prime in September 2017
- One Mississippi, Season 2 – September 8
- Beauty and the Baker, Season 1 – September 15
- Transparent, Season 4 – September 22
- Thursday Night Football: Bears vs Packers – September 28
- Tin Star, Season 1 – September 29
Based on the release dates for past years. Here are our predictions for August 2018:
- Comrade Detective, Season 2 – August 5
- Lost in Oz, Season 2 – August 5
- Tumble Leaf, Season 4 – August 16
- Undercover, Season 2 – August 18
- The Tick, Season 2 – August 26
- Victoria, Season 2 – August 30
One of the most popular pilots during the 2017 Pilot Season was Oasis. This is what Amazon tells us about the pilot:
Set in the near future, Oasis tells the story of priest Peter Leigh, who is called to a remote planet where a mysterious multinational company is building the first permanent off-Earth human colony. The planet, Oasis, is humanity’s last chance to escape from Earth’s impending collapse, but it quickly becomes apparent that it may not be as hospitable to humanity as it seems…
After watching the first episode many have chimed in that they would like for a second episode and an entire first season to air on Amazon Prime Video.
Unfortunately, we are still waiting to hear if the first season was green lit. From the early reception and the very high ratings on IMDB and other review websites it would be shocking if Amazon did not move forward with an entire season of Oasis.
Do you want this Pilot to turn into a series? Comment below and let us know.